Community Rules and Privacy Guidelines
Welcome and we are happy to have you with us!
Here are three key rules of the road that help make this space great.
1) Be kind. 2) Be real. 3) Be safe.
- Keep an open mind and be willing to appreciate the differences in others.
- Provide support and ideas in a way that is constructive.
- Keep your language clean.
- Remember to keep what is shared here confidential.
- Use this space as a way of connecting to who you really are and what lights you up. Practice authenticity.
- Share your passion in a way that is tied to your purpose and respects the views of others. Debates around values and life philosophies are welcome to be had elsewhere.
- Only post stuff that is yours. If it is someone else's, give them credit.
- This is a place for sharing stuff, not selling stuff.
- Be smart and remember that not everything is as it seems on the internet.
- Don't share personal contact information such as where you live, your phone number or your email address.
- Share with DMP staff if you believe that a fellow participant is a risk to themselves or others.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. For those who don't, we follow a three strikes policy listed below.
The Legal Stuff
Three Strikes Policy
Upon violation of the rules listed above, Discovering My Purpose will do the following.
1. Upon the first violation, the participant will receive a written warning from a staff member.
2. A second violation of a similar nature will result in a three-month suspension from Discovering My Purpose.
3. A third violation will result in immediate and permanent suspension of all Discovering My Purpose privileges.
This site is provided as a service for the participants of Discovering My Purpose. Discovering My Purpose is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. In no event shall Discovering My Purpose be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Discovering My Purpose and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Discovering My Purpose does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Discovering My Purpose we will take all appropriate action.
Discovering My Purpose reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We respect your privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
While DMP strongly believes in the confidentiality of what is shared on this site, if at any time we feel that participants are a risk to themselves or others, we are obligated to report this to the liaison of the participant's organization or to the person listed as their emergency contact.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page